VAC appreciation society.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VAC appreciation society.

Here it is, Thought Criminals. a fan-site for VAC by the people, for the people.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favourite horror franchise?

Go down 
2 posters

Which one is the best?
1 A Nightmare on Elm Street
Favourite horror franchise? Vote_lcap0%Favourite horror franchise? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Friday the 13th
Favourite horror franchise? Vote_lcap0%Favourite horror franchise? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 Halloween
Favourite horror franchise? Vote_lcap33%Favourite horror franchise? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
4 Hellraiser
Favourite horror franchise? Vote_lcap67%Favourite horror franchise? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Devilstator

Favourite horror franchise? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:23 pm

So, which one of the following unnecessarily-sequelized series is your favourite?

I know there are far more franchises out there, but I'm only gonna go for the most popular ones.

So far, having only seen the Halloween and Hellraiser series in their near-entirety, I'm definitely gonna have to go with the latter.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:42 pm

tough call....nightmare...or hellraiser......hmmmmm
both have had equally shitty installments in the franchise...
but really good stories and inventive deaths as well....
and the french kiss scene with the hot nurse in "Dream Warriors"....phew....HAWT!
but i'm gonna go with Hellraiser.
Back to top Go down
Devilstator

PostSubject: Re: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Out of curiosity, which of the ANOES and Hellraiser flicks did you like/dislike most?

Me, I have watched all but Freddy's Dead, and there's only 3 I'd bother rewatching so far - original, Dream Warriors, New Nightmare. Jason vs Freddy too, I guess. Though it doesn't really count.

Hellraiser, the only ones I'm not particularly fond of are 4 and 7 out of the 7 i've watched. Need to see Hellworld.

Halloween - one and two, maybe 3. Haven't seen Curse of Michael Myers yet, and that's probably a good thing.

Friday the 13th - only seen the first, second and Jason Goes to Hell in full. I dread having to watch all of them, it seems like the franchise went from mediocre to absolutely ghastly within seconds.

So yeah, Hellraiser wins defo.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:26 pm

i HATED Hellraiser: Bloodlines. i thought it was incredibly stupid.
Hellraiser III would have to be my favorite of the bunch...i dunno...Discman sorta clinched it for me Twisted Evil

as far as the Nightmares, i'm not even completely sure if i've seen the first entirely, and i have no clue about the second one...i might have watched it. But the tird one, Dream Warriors is my favorite. i thought it was cool that the kids were finally taking a stand and fighting back. New Nightmare was a really cool idea, and wasn't all that bad. but it was kinda lame. even though i liked it, i would have to say it was my least favorite.

Freddy Vs. Jason was super-cheesy...but friggin' hilarious!

Friday's and Halloweens....well, they seemed pretty generic and interchangable, just a whole lot of hack and slash and next to no substance (my opinion, so don't hate on me). i didn't hate them. but i wouldn't go so far as to say that i liked them either. however...Jason X.....a fucking abomination. this movie wasn't even smart enough to be considered stupid.
Back to top Go down
Devilstator

PostSubject: Re: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 am

Personally I thought Hellraiser III was a bit too Hollywood, teetering on the verge of self-parody. I mean, Discman and Cocktail Mixer Cenobites? Ridiculous. I have to agree with you on Bloodline though, that film was just bad.

Hellraiser II also got a bit too Hollywood with the special effects towards the end, but the earlier parts were great.

I have to agree with you with Halloween and Friday the 13th... they're horribly generic. I really don't see why people bother with them, I mean not only are they crappy from a story point of view they are also very drab visually.

I do love Jason Goes to Hell though. It's spectacularly stupid, and the Shivers ripoff subplot is very entertaining. Then that absurd demon-spawn that turns into Jason! And Freddy's claw dragging the mask down! Btw, how come more people don't realise that that hockey mask is incredibly dumb?

I'm finishing off Freddy's Dead now, and God, this is bad. Kinda have to agree with New Nightmare, it gets silly towards the end, but the beginning and middle is really freaky, IMO. Not to mention the whole concept of it - and the return of Heather Langenkamp Razz ! Those things alone make it much better than every sequel apart from Dream Warriors.

The first two Halloweens were good IMO, I especially like the latter because of the claustrophobic hospital setting. And as much as I dislike Jamie Lee Curtis, there's just something cool about the early Michael Myers.
Back to top Go down
terry

terry

PostSubject: Re: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 6:44 am

Devilstator wrote:
and the return of Heather Langenkamp Razz ! .

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
i thought i was the only one with that opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite horror franchise?   Favourite horror franchise? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite horror franchise?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAC appreciation society. :: Media Media :: Movies-
Jump to: