VAC appreciation society.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VAC appreciation society.

Here it is, Thought Criminals. a fan-site for VAC by the people, for the people.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marvel Zombies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
terry

terry

Marvel Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Zombies   Marvel Zombies Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:23 am

just read this series....freaking hilarious.
premise: all of the superpowered people get infected with strange diesease that turns them into zombies. they basically scour the earth of humans with in a few months.
really wierd and funny.
so much fun.
however...really strange that the big wigs at marvel allowed it to be so dark and gory...marvel is usally cleaner than that.
Back to top Go down
KaptKinky
Admin
KaptKinky

Marvel Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Zombies   Marvel Zombies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 4:37 pm

terry wrote:
just read this series....freaking hilarious.
premise: all of the superpowered people get infected with strange diesease that turns them into zombies. they basically scour the earth of humans with in a few months.
really wierd and funny.
so much fun.
however...really strange that the big wigs at marvel allowed it to be so dark and gory...marvel is usally cleaner than that.

Wanna know how they got the gore passed? Two names:

Rami and Campbelle.

the Army of Darkness team actually pitched the idea to marvel, and they took it hook, line, and sinker.
Back to top Go down
https://velvetacidchrist.forumotion.com
terry

terry

Marvel Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Zombies   Marvel Zombies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 pm

and it turned out to be a good idea on everyone's part, as it sold so well on the re-printings and alternate covers. apparently some people only bought the series because of the various covers they had for each reprinting. hell...if i was still collecting comics, i would have done the same.

but i guess not everyone was satisfied with the whole gimmick. my roommate was one of them. he's a huge comic buff. he's easily got well over 20 thousand comics. but he's a purist, and didn't like the dark direction the story took. but honestly....THEY FUCKING ATE GALACTUS FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!!
how is that not the coolest thing you could ever do in comics?
MOTHER FUCKING GALACTUS!
zombie food!!!!!
that makes up for every single lame gimmick/story arc that marvel has been feeding collectors for decades.
every stupid "ressurection" of lame characters that were better off dead in the first place? easily forgiven. because the zombies shit out pieces of the silver surfer...and ate them because they weren't quite digested yet.

am i alone here?
am i the only one who sees the epic greatness of it all?
they ate siver surfer.
the herald of galactus.
the harbinger of countless planets' doom.
reduced to zombie food.
who apparently taste better after the third or forth digesting.
i can happily say...that the man who wrote the series...is God.

sorry for the spoilers.... cheers
Back to top Go down
egsenTrick

Marvel Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Zombies   Marvel Zombies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:49 pm

damn.. i actuall followed silver surfer for a while.

eating glactus was a good idea, imo.

can't sa i've gotten into comics the past while, though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marvel Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Zombies   Marvel Zombies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel Zombies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAC appreciation society. :: Media Media :: comicbooks-
Jump to: