VAC appreciation society.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VAC appreciation society.

Here it is, Thought Criminals. a fan-site for VAC by the people, for the people.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

guns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
egsenTrick

guns Empty
PostSubject: guns   guns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:12 pm

opened this for the sake of debate...

my take on he whole thing is

a tool is only as good as the wielder who holds it- the gun is not the problem. if someone is hell bent about killing and doesn't possess a firearm, the lack of a firearm is not likely to stop he person.

not to mention it's pretty simple to consruct a firearm- pringles can, a model rocket, some solid state feul- hobby shop and a corner marke. voila- a single shot firearm. would be deadlier with a 10 penn nail and a piece of pvc tubing

focusing on the gun to end violence seems to be a fruiltless endevour- enforcing it would be unwieldy.
Back to top Go down
KaptKinky
Admin
KaptKinky

guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: guns   guns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 5:20 pm

From a professional point of view.

I like guns. They make my job a lot easier when they're small caliber. A chest shot means all I have to do is do a flushing, pack some cotton in, and smoothe some restorative wax over it. Bigger guns need more cotton, and in some cases, a few lock-sutures to re-attach the body parts. A welcomed challenge, 'tween you-me.

Guns kill people. Why? People kill people because of people. To remove guns as a threat is useless. Removing people is the only true end.
Back to top Go down
https://velvetacidchrist.forumotion.com
terry

terry

guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: guns   guns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:06 pm

i've noticed that if you give a person a tool, they will yearn to find ways to use it until they grow bored of it.
eventually, for some, blasting the shit out of pop cans just doesn't do the trick.
most know where to draw the line....but not all.
Back to top Go down
rivetidiot

rivetidiot

guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: guns   guns Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:29 pm

If you make guns illegal the majority of people who own guns will be criminals.

I may not care for guns personally, but I know enough to understand that banning them would be a heck of a lot worse than having them legal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/dissent23/
egsenTrick

guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: guns   guns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:50 am

i would sa i'm no for he escalaion of arms,

however...

doesn't compare to nukes- i would imagine if joe shmoe tried to consruct such a thing, it would most likley cause shmoe more harm than anyone else.

as well as obtaining the materials required clandestinly would be quite a feat to pull off.
Back to top Go down
Devilstator

guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: guns   guns Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:34 am

Ban guns? Preposterous.

Just let anyone over the age of 18 have access to firearms? Equally preposterous.

It's so easy to kill using a gun. You don't need to get up close and personal and stab several times, covering yourself in the other's blood. You don't need to watch the victim struggle whilst squeezing the life out of them. You just aim, and fire, and if you do it right, that's a one shot kill.

Banning, or reducing the availability of firearms, is at best, a short-term solution for a long-term problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: guns   guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAC appreciation society. :: Politics :: Sinister [Left]-
Jump to: