VAC appreciation society.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VAC appreciation society.

Here it is, Thought Criminals. a fan-site for VAC by the people, for the people.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spiderman 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
terry

terry

Spiderman 3 Empty
PostSubject: Spiderman 3   Spiderman 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:35 am

yeah...it took me this long to see it.
i almost didn't bother with it, because i finally got around to watching the second one a few months ago...and i was really disgusted with it.
but one of my friends had it on her computer, so i watched it. needed something to do.
firstly, i must say that Sandman and Venom were handled somewhat decently. Sandman's origin was kinda lame and cheesy, but it was a little sweet, so it was forgivable. i liked how they were able to show that he wasn't just some two-bit , two dimensional crook, who simple fell into the wrong hole at the wrong time. so, the fact that they tried to give him some character and personality was admirable. and his first morphing scene was really fucking cool looking! i kinda wish i could have seen that on the big screen. and some of his fight scenes were pretty alright.
And Venom has always been a favorite of mine. a really twisted concept for a villian, and very pretty to look at for the most part. and the fact that there was so much plot build up needed before they could introduce him...well...we'll get to that. Sad they really needed more of Venom, unfortunately there wasn't enough time left in the movie.
the new Goblin's back story was....unnecessary. sure, Harry played a big role in Peter's life but they should have went into a different direction...when they introduced J. Jonah Jameson's son in the second movie, i was almost positive that they were gonna work on that character.. sure, another wolf man character would just have seemed over done, what with all of the other werewolf related movies out there, but i think it would have been better than another Green Goblin story arc. HELL! i would have even been happy if they worked on Dr. Connor's character. it would be wicked cool to have seen the birth of the Lizard!
alien
but now...they had to bring in the "other man" story arc, and pull heartstrings, and show a conflinct in Peter's love life, because it "makes the story that much richer".....BAHHH! hopelessly weak and misguided attempted angsty/emo pap. for fuck sake! i wanted to slap each and every single actor for agreeing to convey such visual garbage. even Aunt May. dergh! i always hated her character. she just wouldn't die! EVER! and after all of this time...she still doesn't know that Peter is Spiderman? i dunno...maybe in the comics they finally killed her, or at the very least revealed the identity...but i stopped reading a long time ago. /rant.

all i know, they had just better stop making Spiderman movies. this one was barely passable. the fight scenes are what saved this movie. it gets a 5/10 from me. not terrible. but not good either. if you haven't watched this movie yet, turn off all neureal (sp?) receptors except the ones needed to smile at the pretty lights. you might even wanna do it drunk or high as well. this is mostly a movie for fans. as an action movie, it's pretty substandard.
Back to top Go down
plastic_society

plastic_society

Spiderman 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiderman 3   Spiderman 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 5:40 am

In terms of more Venom, I guess they're working on a spin-off for him.

In terms of Aunt May in the comics, I guess in the Civil War story arc Peter reveals his identity to the world, so she knows. And then a sniper shoots May, so she's in the hospital about to die, but not dead. Or something. I don't know. This is just what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
KaptKinky
Admin
KaptKinky

Spiderman 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiderman 3   Spiderman 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 7:23 am

Right now, the big arch with Spidey is that either Aunt May or the girlfriend is going to get shot, Capt. America style. Haven't had a chance to read it, since the ish comes out on the 22nd.

It's going to be a great Fall Solstice. Spidey will quit being emo.
Back to top Go down
https://velvetacidchrist.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Spiderman 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiderman 3   Spiderman 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spiderman 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VAC appreciation society. :: Media Media :: Movies-
Jump to: